Not long after the Great Yarmouth motorcycle takeover 2016 we were approached by the Great Yarmouth borough council, Norfolk Constabulary and the tourism board who all urged us to go through all of the correct channels to get this event properly authorised.

After many emails back and forth we came to an agreement that the event has many benefits to Great Yarmouths tourism. We attended a meeting with all of the authorities and got the go ahead but things needed to be co-ordinated, and organised in a safe manor. This year was different to the last, we were now an organisation, not just two lads wanting to have a good time. It was all a learning curve for the both of us, we had to be health and safety concious with all of our decisions and planning. The planning got serious, we had gone from running a facebook page to organising entry routes, parking and road closures. We decided that the event had huge potential to make a difference to a charity, and after much thought we decided we’d love to help the East Anglian air ambulance, a local air ambulance charity that is often the difference between life and death. We decided against charging an entry fee donation, as we understood that not everybody can afford to. As we were going through the feedback from the 2016 event we noticed hundreds of you wanted merchandise, so off we went. After searching for a supplier, we found and made a deal!. All profits from our merchandise would then be donated to EAAA.

The day came after months on end of planning. The sun was shining and the diversions were in place and part of the seafront CLOSED for bike only parking. At 10am the first pack of bikes rode in, by 11am the area closed for bike only parking was full, something we had worried about!. The marshalls and police dealt with the problem swiftly and calmly, opening the pavements for bike parking and eventually regent road aswell!. Just under ten thousand bikes filled Great Yarmouth seafront, shining under the brilliant sun. Small businesses based on the seafront booming, cash changing hands faster than most of us can ride!. We had two large trade stands attending selling motorcycle gear at discounted prices, we had an Isle of Man TT simulator which didn’t stop all day!. At 4 o’clock our official merchandise completely sold out!.